Home » News » Content
Product Categories

American Dental Association To Remind: After 50 Years To Protect The Mouth

- Dec 29, 2017 -

Judith Jones, director of the American Dental Association's Department of Geriatric Care and director of the Clinical Research Center at the Goldman School of Dentistry at Boston University, said: "With aging, there may be more oral problems, so after the age of 50 should pay attention to Caring for the oral cavity. The United States, "Huffington Post" recently on the elderly common four oral problems were summarized, and provide a solution.

Dental caries. The elderly will have dental caries, there may be in the filling material used near the fill, or the root of the teeth. Jones explained: "With age, the roots will become soft teeth, but also easier to be eroded by external substances." Solution: the appropriate use of fluoride toothpaste.

Dry mouth. The presence of calcium and phosphorus in the saliva prevents the tooth from losing minerals. If there is a sense of sticky mouth, difficulty swallowing, dry throat and dry lips chapped, there may be suffering from xerostomia. You may notice a metal smell in the mouth, or persistent bad breath. Dry mouth is usually caused by taking drugs, may also be caused by smoking. Solution: If you have xerostomia, you should try to stimulate the production of saliva, such as increasing water intake, chewing sugar-free xylitol chewing gum.

Gum disease. If your gums are prone to swelling, redness, or bleeding, you may suffer from gingivitis; untreated gingivitis develops into periodontitis that, if sustained, can lead to loss of the bones of the lower jaw. Solution: Regular visits to the dentist; regular cleaning of the teeth and active treatment of gum disease.

Crowded dentition. With age, some the position of the teeth will be dislocation. It will make the teeth more difficult to clean, so that functional decline. But also lead to erosion of the teeth, causing damage to the supporting tissues and bones. Solution: If a tooth dislocation has occurred, you should go to the dentist; they will fix the position of the tooth using the relevant device (such as a dental rack, washer, or stent). Usually more than the teeth to clean