Dental prosthodontics and fixed denture restoration
First, what is the fixed denture?
Fixed denture is the use of missing teeth on one side or both sides of the natural tooth as the abutment, do the abutments on the various types of retainers, on edentulous areas do bridge body, connected through the connector into a whole, and finally with the cement Agent fixed on the abutment, the patient can not take on their own to wear a restoration. Because of its structure and bridge similar, it is also known as fixed bridge.
Second, the composition of fixed denture:
Fixed denture, respectively, retaining body, bridge and connector body composed of three parts. Fixed bridge through the retention body and the overall function of the body of the formation of the abutment; bridge body can restore the shape and function of missing teeth, abutment can also be called bridge abutment base. Is to support the fixed bridge of the natural teeth, root, or bridge abutment; abutment is to bear their own efforts , in addition to bear the additional force suffered by the bridge.
In this case,
Retention refers to the sticky solid crown production of on the abutment, the crown part of the crown inlay wing fixed bridge with the retention force and the abutment connected and get retention.
The bridge, or artificial tooth, is the part of the fixed bridge that restores the shape and function of the missing tooth. In this case,
Connection is fixed bridge and the connection part between the retainer parts, according to the different ways can be divided into active and fixed connection and connector body.
Third, the type of fixed denture:
According to the structure can be divided into: double-ended fixed bridge, semi-fixed bridge, single-ended fixed bridge and can be extended to composite bridge, spring bridge, planting bridge and so on. According to the material can be divided into: metal bridge, plastic bridge, porcelain bridge, gold porcelain joint bridge and so on.
Fourth, the characteristics of fixed denture:
(1) the connection between the retainer and the bridge is in the form of a fixed connection, the abutment, the retainer and the bridge are connected into a fixed whole to form a new chewing unit; the physiological movement of the single abutment is changed into Holistic physiological movement;
(2) The abutment teeth can bear greater tooth force, and tooth force shared from both ends of the abutment is also more uniform;
(3) clinical application is extensive.
Fifthth:Indication of fixed denture:
Any part of the dentition, abutment meet the conditions, the number of missing teeth is small, generally can choose fixed denture repair.
Sixth:Type of fixed denture materials can be divided into: metal bridge, plastic bridge, porcelain bridge, gold porcelain joint bridge and so on.
First, the composition of fixed denture: retainer, bridge, connecting the three parts
1. retainer (retainer): refers to the cement and the crown, part of the crown or inlay made on abutments, etc., through the connection body and the bridge connected to the fixed bridge and abutment to form a function.
2. Pontic (pontic): the artificial teeth, is the part of fixed bridge who restore the morphology and function of missing teeth .
3. connector (connector): fixed bridge is the bridge between the body and the part of the body. Way: fixed connector, active connector.
Second, the type of fixed denture
1. According to the relationship between the bridge and the alveolar ridge, can be divided into contact, non-contact.
2. According to different materials, can be divided into metal bridge, non-metallic bridge, metal - non-metallic bridge
3. According to the fixed bridge structure, can be divided into two-terminal fixed bridge, single-ended fixed bridge, semi-fixed bridge, composite fixed bridge..
Double-ended fixed bridge (fully fixed bridge)
(1) the connection between the retainer and the bridge is in the form of a fixed connection, the abutment, the retainer and the bridge are connected into a fixed whole to form a new chewing unit; the physiological movement of the single abutment is changed into Holistic physiological movement
(2) abutment teeth can withstand greater tooth force, and both ends of the abutment teeth share of the force is also more uniform
(3) widely used in clinical semi-fixed bridge (stress buffered fixed bridge).
Characteristics of semi - fixed bridge (stress buffered fixed bridge)
(1) One end of the retainer is fixed connection, the other end is active connection. The movable connecting body is formed into a plug body in the bridge portion, and is fitted in the bolt path of the abutment retainer.
(2)the stress at both ends of the abutment is not uniform
(3) for abutment inclination, it is difficult to obtain the common in situ cases.
Single-ended fixed bridge (cantilever fixed bridge)
(1) only one end of a retainer for the fixed connection, the other end of the bridge with adjacent teeth or no teeth contact, forming a completely free end;
2. after the force, the role of leverage, easy to cause periodontal tissue traumatic injury or retention of loose body
popularize plastic common sense to reduce the risk of surgery;
3, adapt to narrow the gap of missed teeth, cannot bear too much strength, While the abutment has sufficient support and retention force.
Composite fixed bridge features:
(1) consists of two or more than two kinds of simple fixed bridge combination;
(2) comprises at least two spacer abutments and at least four or more tooth units;
(3) support and retention is relate to the position and shape of abutment, and difficult to find common road
Other special structure of fixed bridge: implant fixed bridge; fixed - removable joint bridge; bonded fixed bridge.